Thursday, August 09, 2007

love the sneaky little man!

Lately I've caught Max in some funny places and thought I would share a few pictures...
First, he (like most kiddos his age, I'm sure) loves the regrigerator. We have to be quick getting in and out of it if Max is around. I think that I hadn't closed it all the way or something because I came back in the room and he was standing up on that little "step" and checking everything out. I let him play there for a while since he was obviously in heaven. :) When he got down there were little dirty shoes prints that I actually left for a few days because I thought it was cute.



"Please, Mom, don't make me get out!"


Then yesterday Max had asked (with pointing and then signing "please") to hang out in our coat closet. This is a favorite area to play in. It's got tons of stuff on the ground since we haven't gotten to the project of putting shelves in there just yet. Don't judge us! :) There's nothing that can hurt him in there, and nothing he can hurt, so I just leave it open and let him have at it. Well, I heard a lot of rustling around for a while and I would check in on him every few minutes. Then there was silence. I peeked my head around the corner and he was sitting on this little booster seat and had piled a bunch of stuff on top of him. He was just hanging out with his arms resting on the booster and when he saw me he started laughing. He totally knows when he's done something funny even before I laugh. Luckily he stayed there while I ran upstairs for the camera.


Love this little dude!

13 comments:

Bonny said...

SO CUTE!!!! What a funny little guy Max is!
I know what you mean about not wiping up the foot prints. I stood Mya up on our table and she left little foot prints and I didn't wipe them up for about a week. I just couldn't do it - they were way too cute!
Love ya Miss D!!

campblondie said...

I love when they think they are funny. He is doing some mighty fine detective work around your place.

The Nicks Family said...

Well he and Cole have a lot in common :) He is so cute! It is so fun when they know they are funny and cute! I can't wait to see you two, I wish Ty was coming, but I understand. Anyway, Love ya and see you in a couple of days!

Emily Youngdell said...

I love that age. They are entertained by the simplest things! Ok, can I say how happy I am that I am not the only person that has an unorganized hall closet? Our's is a mess. Who has time to organize a closet? There's TV to be watched and other important things to do in my opinion. Ü
Love ya,
Em

rachel said...

That is so awesome. I love the shoe prints , You are such a cute mom.

rachel said...

Oh one more thing I love that baby count down. I want that where did you get that its so funny!

Wendi said...

great post Dana -- I love the photos of Max being mischievous and getting into stuff. I seem to remember liking the fridge a lot too as a toddler (my mom said I would always go for the jar of maraschino cherries she kept in the bottom shelf). This is helping me to get mentally prepared for the times to come when Sy gets here!

Ann said...

Oh, yes. These are life's precious moments. Man, I wish our coat closet was big enough to play in!

Elizabeth said...

Max is so cute. :) Who knows, maybe he'll be a culinary genius someday.

Mark said...

Max caught red-handed! Very cute photos of your sneaky little man.

Madsen Family said...

Danalin--Of course I check out your blog all the time. It has helped inspire me to create my own blog. And after reading your blog, I've decided that you and I are practically twins: I went to Girls' camp too (the same week as you, I think), I worked at Lozman's (though one of us was able to keep the job) and I run triathlons (not really triathlons per se, more like walks around the block)! Anyway, I love checking out your blog and seeing your cute, perfect, happy family. Congratulations on your pregnancy! Now, thanks to your cross-country move, I may never meet any of your kids But luckily, I will always have the blog! And thanks for the job tip, but I think I'll pass. (I'm not technically unemployed; I've just been substitute teaching and I've found that more to my liking than taking braces on and off.....) Well, now that I've written a NOVEL, I'll sign off for now. Happy blogging!

Unknown said...

Too cute! Our little men could find such mischief together!! We finally put a safety latch on our fridge so I wouldn't have to keep pulling him out of there (he was somewhat less than pleased about this). He does have a couple of closets and cabinets he loves to play in, too. Oh, I wish we lived closer!

Take care, little mamacita!

Sandy said...

Love it! Daniel likes to explore the fridge too and his newest thing is the garbage can-YUCK! I had to move it to the other room and keep the door closed but he has a big sister who just loves to be mischievous with him! :)